Embracing Change

The blog has changed; ONCE AGAIN. This time the change is rather 360. It has changed in look, feel as well as purpose.
To be honest, I really struggled with making this change. Just last year, I changed the blog to focus more on inspiration, then I went MIA and now coming back with a new change towards beauty? It felt wrong and I really struggled with this decision.
As with all aspects of life, change can be rather hard to accept especially when it disrupts our routine or safe zone but still those changes occur.
My life has changed a lot over the last year and my blog is an extension of me so it’s only reasonable that this change is reflected on the blog. 
Let’s talk about why the blog is changing.
FINDING A HOBBY
In 2013, during my second year in University; I was home for 6 months due to the regular ASUU strike that is pretty much a part of the Nigerian University system now. This was pretty much idle time for me. I really wasn’t much of a social media person but then someone told me Twitter was fun and I should check it out. I did and I loved it! Twitter led me to YouTube where I found a new interst: Makeup. I binge watched so many Dimma Umeh and Jackie Aina tutorials & tried to recreate their looks (low budget edition obviously 😂) and so, my journey to being a beauty enthusiast started.
EXPLORING MORE
After about 3 months, my mum decided that I had to do something to keep myself busy. So, I decided to learn how to do nail extensions, which I had also started obsessing about. I did that for a little over two months before school resumed and I had to go back. Of course, I became the official manicurist for my friends.
A NEED FUELS A PASSION
I had pretty decent and unproblematic skin growing up till I got into University and started using “creams” and “fancy soaps”. My skin went beserk!!! Discoloration, hyper pigmentation and random breakouts found a home on my face. I struggled throughout Uni but I didn’t have adequate information so I just turned to makeup to cover up. After Uni, when I started working, I knew I could not continue to deal with my skin problems so I started researching into proper skincare and soon I was hooked.
THE LAST STRAW
I’ve never been one to push myself outside of my financial limits. I work hard to live the life of my dreams but I am always contented with what I have at the moment. So, of course back in Uni when the human hair craze started, I admired from a distance but always stayed in my lane. When I started working however, I started testing the waters and soon I was trying to learn all about hairs, long story short; I ended up starting my own hair business.
My friends all noticed the different stages of my beauty journey and I soon became a “beauty resource person” in my circle. Late last year, I started an Instagram page dedicated to sharing my beauty journey but I really couldn’t keep up as I was handling so many pages already. I decided to move it to my personal Instagram page. Of course, I knew the rational thing would be to also do this on the blog but I did not want to welcome the change and I didn’t really see myself as an expert.

Recently though, I have been doing a lot of self reflection and have decided to just take the plunge. I mean, what's the worst that can happen? I'm embracing the changes and letting it refine me rather than fight it.

Of course, this doesn't mean that we'll be saying goodbye to our inspiration posts because whether you believe it or not; Beauty can be a force for good and a tool for inspiration. It definitely has been for me.

So, let's go on this new journey together. I can't wait to see all we get up to.

xxx
Zino.


God is within her, She will not fall.
God will help her at the break of day.
Psalm 46:5 (ASV)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RISING ABOVE ALL

I AM BACK

STARTING OVER