Defining Your Purpose



I have learnt time and time again that our purpose sometimes is beyond what we see at the present.

Hey guys, hope you're all doing well? Remember in my last blog post, I talked about starting over? Well, my blog is really going to be doing a lot of that.

When I first started blogging, I wasn't sure what I was going to blog about. I love to write but it has always been just a hobby and I never really took it seriously.

Actually, I never really believed that I was that good a writer or that I could make a career out of it. That was until I got a job as a content writer.

Details on that story in another post 😁

When I also started blogging, my purpose was unclear. Everyone was either a gossip or beauty and fashion blogger. I can't do gossip and I'm not exactly beauty and fashion role model or expert either so I was really confused. I decided to just wing it. This further fueled why I gave up after a while, I didn't even know what I was doing.

If you read my last post, I talked about how the panel session with Dolapo Sijuwade, Ink Eze and Sisi Yemmie at Slay Festival 2018 helped me decide to blog again.

Well, it also helped me discover what I should be talking about on my blog. They all talked about how your content should be something that comes naturally to you and something you really enjoy doing. Sisi mentioned that, if you examine closely, people must have already been telling you about this particular trait and she explained how people would always tell her she loves food a lot and that's how she knew that was her niche.

I decided to ask myself, what is really my niche? On an impulse, I decided to look through all of my old blog posts again. And when I did, it hit me. I had a niche all along, I just never realized it. I realized that most of my blog posts were inspirational/motivational. Even when I was blogging about something else, I always ended up with encouragement, motivational quotes and the likes.

The more I thought about it, the more it made sense. My friends always come to me for advice or when they're down and at a point, one of my friends actually used to call me madam counselor. 

I smiled at this thought and in that moment, I knew I had found my space.

xxx

Zino 😘

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RISING ABOVE ALL

I AM BACK

STARTING OVER