THE LANGUAGE OF LOVE




Hello guys, its been a really long time. Gosh, I have really missed this. I am so sorry, but life happened. The last time we talked, i told you how crazy school was getting, it was really tough; final exams and then project. But as of December 2015, i was officially done, but then i needed some down time just for myself, abeg person gat rest now. I cannot come and go and kee myself because of book, lol.

But, I'm back now and i gat you okay?

Let's get to the business of the day, the language of love. So, valentine's coming up and somehow we can't hear enough of the love talk, everybody is talking of bae goals, gift ideas; there's a lot of programs marking the day, so on and so forth.

First of all, the importance of love can never be overemphasized, and I do believe that love forms a solid foundation for every society. However, in my opinion much of the motive behind the celebration of Valentine's day is highly hypocritical and selfish. A lot of people just look forward to getting expensive gifts and for some others (guys especially; no offense) to satisfy their amorous desires.

I realize that some people actually and genuinely just like to take the time to appreciate their loved ones, plus there's usually alot of love oriented stuff to do around this time; which brings me to my second point.

COMMERCIALIZATION OF LOVE: This for me is one of the major issues with valentine, the event has been so commercialized that it's not even a season of love but of business boom. It kinda reminds me of the story of Jesus in the temple when he threw out all those doing business in the temple. Make no mistake, the things being sold in the temple were things necessary for worship and sacrifice and come to think of it, it made things easier for those who came to the temple to offer sacrifices, instead of buying the items from far away and then bring it down all the way to Jerusalem, they could just buy there in the temple. But Jesus saw beneath the surface, he saw that the intentions of the sellers was not to alleviate the suffering of the worshipers but to make profit, pure and simple. The same can be said for this whole valentine palava. The majority of vendors are not really aiming to promote love but to fill their pockets. End of story.

Lastly, we equally need to re-evaluate our perspective of love. It's supposed to be the season of love right? So, why is no one talking about neighbour love, love for our environment and for values. The concept of love has been narrowed to just romantic love. Last i checked, the passion between a man and woman is not all that love embodies.

Now, before anybody will say it's Zino that told you not to get bae a gift for valentine; I said no such thing but I just think we would all do well to evaluate our motives and priorities. Only then can we truly understand the language of love.

Kisses dolls.


"Whoever does not love has not come to know God, because God is love"- 1John 4:8

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RISING ABOVE ALL

I AM BACK

STARTING OVER