YUM YUM!!! FOOD RECIPE- RICE AND NATIVE STEW.


My people, how borry? Am sorry that the recipe took so much time. I did intend to post this since last week but one or two sha happen. Make una no vex.
Ehen, so back to the marra of the food, the recipe I have for today is something otherwise simple but it tastes oh so good. Native stew is your otherwise regular stew but with just a few additions.
So, for this dish you need the following:
1) Palm oil
2) Onion




3)Freshtomatoesand pepper(blended)

Personally, I prefer using a hand grinder for my tomatoes so that it isn't so smooth, but that's just me. Moving on.
4) Packed tomato paste (tin or sachet)



5) Dry fish



6) Dry shrimps

7) Meat

8) Seasoning cubes, salt, thyme and curry.
Steps:
1) Wash all your ingredients and arrange accordingly as seen above
2) Steam the meat till tender (I like soft meat, I no get better teeth) lol
3) After taking down the meat, heat the palm oil
P.s; do not bleach it, it kills all the nutrients.
4) Put in the already sliced onion and fry
5) Add the grinded tomatoes and pepper. ( To avoid waiting for the tomatoes to dry, I put the tomatoes in a sieve for about 10 mins, this drains all the excess water. However, do not throw this water away).
6) Allow the tomatoes dry a little and add your packed tomato paste. ( It makes the stew thick and red)
7) Keep stirring at regular intervals so it doesn't burn.
8) Make sure the gravy gets really dry
9) Add the shrimps and dry fish and keep stirring.
10) Add seasoning cubes, thyme and curry, stir well
11) Add the water you drained from the tomatoes ( do not add all of it if it is much).
12) Let it simmer for about 3 mins
13) Add the meat and stock and add a little salt
14) Allow to simmer for a few more minutes.
Ta-da!!! Your stew is ready for chopping. Boil your rice and help yourself to a healthy serving just like I did!!!


And, don't forget to share with others, like I did (as you can see, no be only one plate dey) because meals taste better when shared. 
Until next post, much love, y'all, XOXO!!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RISING ABOVE ALL

I AM BACK

STARTING OVER