CELEBRATING THE 'F' WORD Part 1



Hello guys, how are you all doing? I know my post title today might be a little unusual but don't sweat it, it's not what you think.

A friend of mine once told me that some of the best things in life start with 'F'; I was like "really?", oya name some. Once he started naming them, the list just continued to flow, and we just started naming things like faith, family, friends, food, funds, fun and I was like, whoa I never thought of it that way.

So, just thinking about that conversation a few days back; I decided that I should do a series on it and this is going to be the first in the series.

On part 1 of "Celebrating the 'F' word" Part 1, I have chosen to talk about Faith.

According to the Oxford English dictionary; Faith is defined as a feeling, conviction or belief that something is true or real, not contingent upon reason or justification.

For those who believe in the bible, The book of Hebrews 11:1, it says "faith is the assured expectation of things hoped for, the evident demonstration of realities though not beheld".

Simply put, Faith is a strong belief in something or someone even though there might not seem to be a solid or visible reason to do so.

For the religious folk, the whole essence of religion is based on faith after all, we who believe cannot claim to know or have seen the one who is believed in.

However, Faith makes provision for hope, it enables one to see light even in dark tunnels. It is faith that assures us that things can and will get better.

Faith enables us to hold on and strive to be better, though this is not restricted to the religious alone but the point is as humans, we all need a belief system to hold on to, that gives us a sense of direction.

Humans need to have faith in something, be it God, Science, Governance or whatever but the point is we are designed to hold on to faith, to believe in something.

Whatever your faith system is, you have to nurture it else once faith is weak, life becomes meaningless.

As a christian, my belief system is based on a supreme being; God who created all, my Faith in him is what keeps me, is what strengthens me and compels me to surrender my entire being to his lead and guidance trusting that he leads me in the right path.


The question is 'what is your faith based on?" "Do I grow and nourish my faith?", "Am I ready to stand for my beliefs and faith no matter what?"

These questions are pertinent to achieving fulfillment in life.

Until next post, in the words of Jerry Springer; "take care of yourselves and each other".

P.s : I have a feeling I'm going to thoroughly enjoy this series. XOXO

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RISING ABOVE ALL

I AM BACK

STARTING OVER